Based on the MOE (Ministry of Education) Research Center for Online Education and in cooperation with well-known universities at home and abroad, Tsinghua Holdings Co Ltd provides online courses throughout the world. The core of the courses is in higher education but they are expanding to primary and middle education as well as adult education. The program strives to innovate teaching methods and learning mechanisms and to create a quality education platform for learners of all ages around the world. It is now able to provide K12 (kindergarten through twelfth grade) education, AP courses, vocational education, and university degree courses.
● xuetangx.com is one of the three best MOOC (massive open online course) platforms in the world. It has the most offerings, and is among the Chinese MOOC platforms with the most learners.Its 12 million registered users come from more than 200 countries and regions around the world.
● xuetangx.com offers 504 courses from international leading universities such as Harvard, Stanford, MIT and the Australian National University, as well as domestic ones like Tsinghua University, Peking University and Fudan University. The platform's courses also include those from well-known global companies and organizations, including McKinsey & Company, the International Monetary Fund and the Inter-American Development Bank. Moreover, 100 new courses are added to the platform each year.
● Due to its high-quality courses and positive feedback from users, xuetangx.com has been placed among the Top 3 globally many times by a number of international online educational content-aggregation organizations and evaluators, including the US-based Class Central. Many of its courses have been awarded as the most popular and have attracted the attention of worldwide media outlets.
● xuetangx.com has cultivated popular and outstanding courses such as Financial Analysis and Decision Making, Oral Communications for EFL Learners, Introduction to Psychology, Principles of Electric Circuits, and the History of Chinese Architecture. The Financial Analysis and Decision Making course has attracted more than 350,000 learners.
● xuetangx.com has set up a China Institute of Entrepreneurship channel for mass innovation and entrepreneurship. More than 20 online entrepreneurship courses are available at the first stage of development.
● Based on xuetangx.com, Tsinghua Unversity has launched China's first blended education degree project, the master's degree in digital sciences and engineering, to promote innovation in a blended education model. By September 2015, blended learning was being applied in 28 courses. More than 120 MOOC-based courses have been opened as a pilot.
xuetangx.com, the largest Chinese MOOC platform
A scene from the Calculus course
Four of the platform's most popular courses and lecturers